Help me please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Coralsnake, May 18, 2010.

1. Coralsnake macrumors newbie

I have an 8g iPod touch. It has no apps, no music and hardly anything on it.

I use it primarily for web browsing. The problem is this:

When I try to sign on to a wireless network, typing in any blank input box makes SAFARI shut down. No keypad will come up.

I have tried calling Apple, going to the Apple store, Best Buy and no seems to be able to help.

I have erased the entire iPod, reset it numerous times and tried reseting it. I have a dial up connection on my home computer and its almost impossible to download new software there.

This seems to have happened out of the blue...help

2. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

Did you schedule an appointment with the genius bar? They've helped me with all my macbook and iMac problems.

3. Coralsnake thread starter macrumors newbie

?

Whats the genius bar? and how do I reach them? it?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The Genius Bar is only an option if you have an Apple Retail store near you. Check apple.com/retail, plug in your zip/postal code, and once you find a store close to you, click the Reserve link under the Genius Bar icon. The Genius Bar is where a Mac Genius, an Apple technician, can take a look at your issue and either offer recommendations on how to fix it on your own or implement the fix. Quite likely, if you cannot update your iPod software at home, you will need to update it from a computer using a broadband internet connection. It's up to you if you want to do the free software upgrade to 2.2.1 or if you want to pay for the upgrade to 3.0. Currently the latest version of the iPhone OS for the iPod touch is 3.1.3.