Help Me Please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Aug 5, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

i keep trying to add a source in cydia and it keeps getting stuck on downloading packages and at the top it says updating sources.

it has done this on every source that i have tried to add. why?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

and how are you trying to do it? firmware ver. which iPhone? what jailbreak. yada yada yada!

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

^^^^^
    none of that matters.

OP, did you just start doing this? The repos you may be adding might not be up, or even Cydia might be down. Try again later. If it’s done this for days, that is another matter.

4. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I WORKED THE OTHER DAY AND THEN I RESTORED MY IP4 AND RE-JAILBREAKME.COM TODAY. BUT NOW I CANT ADD THE REPO'S I HAD BEFORE OR ANY REALLY.

5. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

im adding cydia.xsell...com and it was working before, but now that i restored to new and trying to add the source back again it just hangs at "updating sources above, and downloading packages below."

why is that? i didnt have a problem adding it a couple days ago, when traffic was probably worse.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

How do you know what traffic was like? :) Also, you have no idea if the source has issues. It happens all the time with sources. Get used to it. Anyway, try later or tomorrow.

7. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i agree with you too. but i have tried 3 other sources too. could it be something worng with the jailbreak since i jailbroke my ip4 then retored and rejailbroke it again. is cydia thinking i already have these repo sources and thats why it is hanging?

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

do what -aggie- said wait a little servers are being flooded right now so they are going up and down or at the very least bogged down. since op didn't say anything about how he was jailbreaking I just wanted to see how he was doing it. reason I asked.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lmao:D
    Gotta love aggie.

10. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so you think that its just because its getting slammed right now what its freezing? nothing to do with having cydia installed the deleted and reinstalled again? i was just afraid that it recognized that i had been in cydia before and installed those exact sources before and thats why it messed it up.

either way i did a full restore and will re-jb again in an hour after restoring from clean backup

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You prob screwed up cydia.
    Do a restore and jb again.