Price Advice Help me price my damaged 15" mid 2012 macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattydaboy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. mattydaboy, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

mattydaboy macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, thanks for reading this. I have mid 2012, 15-inch retina macbook with gt 650m, 8gb ram and 256 ssd. Basically I spilled some cola on the keyboard, it stopped working. Sometimes it does light up and some keys are working but most of the time it is quite dead. Laptop beyond that is in very good condition, almost no wear and tear and so, 100% battery capacity. It will need keyboard/ top case replacement unless someone can sort it. Can you tell me approximately how much I could get for it on ebay? What would be the best thing to do with it? Fix it and keep, fix and sell or just sell? Thank you very much.

P.S. I am UK-based.

2. matty1551 macrumors 6502

As someone who used to repair macs as a hobby, the spill would definitely drive down both my interest and bidding price. There is a good possibility the logic board is permanently damaged. Your best bet is to do an advanced search on ebay for sold listing with spills. You will then know what you can expect.

3. mattydaboy thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I know from youtube videos, keyboard part is glued and isolated from the rest of interior and the spillage wasn't big though. I would have to check it to be completely sure. I'll se, maybe I'll just put in on ebay and check how it goes.