Help Me Price My (Hardly) Damaged rMBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Phightinphils, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

I have a small bend/indent in the bottom casing of my rMBP. It happened from an accident; no battery explosions or anything of that nature. All ports and external/internal components work flawlessly. Screen/lid/keyboard untouched and in great condition. I've been suggested a variety of asking prices but none really hone in on a set price. Repairing it is out of the question as I would lose $ after paying for bottom case replacement. I look forward to your replies! Cheers. :apple:

P.S. I will include a pic of both the left and right side to compare the damaged side to the good side. As well as a pic of the rMBP open to show everything else is straight.

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Just market price

Use Ebay to work out the market price (ie what things are actually selling for) and mark it up for that, either someone buys it or they knock you down a few dollars either way I think you'll be ok...

3. Phightinphils thread starter macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

I've looked on eBay but cannot seem to find any rMBP's with as minimal damage as mine does. There are either non damaged units or ones with broken screens. No minimal damage ones like mine. Oh well. I've priced it at 1300 and we'll see what happens.

4. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Sorry, but I wouldn't count that as minimal damage.
    What year is your Mac?

5. Phightinphils thread starter macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

2012. I just considered it minimal damage considering all components/ports aren't compromised - just cosmetic on top of almost not even noticing the damage myself. It is the first gen retina.

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I owuld not call the minor either. You'll definitely take a hit on price due to that 'bump'.

7. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Agreed. If the Mac was still in warranty, but the display failed, Apple wouldn't replace that free-of-charge due to the damage. Therefore it can't be classed as minimal damage if the manufacturer wouldn't warrant it. Minimal damage would be things like a few dents.