Help me price out my MacBook please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Traxan, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Traxan macrumors member

I tried using Glyde to sell my MBP and the price it came up with was awful, especially compared with what I paid a year ago. So i am curious as to what you all think is the value of the following:

MBP, early 2011 version (quad core 2.2GHz CPU)
    15" diagonal screen
    8GB RAM (I upgraded from 4GB)
    500GB drive
    Mac OS X Yosemite loaded
    External keyboard and mouse
    DVI video adapter

It's in good shape, has some wear, to be expected, but no major gouges or anything. So what's it worth?

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

3. imaccooper macrumors regular

imaccooper

I see this probably around the $750- $800 mark depending on overall condition, battery health, etc.

Lack of SSD will certainly cause you to loose some value, but if it is in good condition as you say then that will be important to people.

Do understand that you are selling a 2011 laptop which many people (myself not included) would find to be far too old. You are going to attracting bargain buyers mostly who may not be looking to spend much money and still get a quality machine.

What service are you planning on using to sell your MPB? eBay, craigslist, etc. That will help better determine exactly how much you should put on it (and how much you should expect to get out of it).

If you are going the eBay route it might be safe to start the auction around $600 or $650 and let people drive up the price. If you are doing craigslist or are selling locally. I would put $800 on it and take anything over $700.

PS: Completely your call and it may work out the opposite but it will likely make you more money if you sell the keyboard and mouse separately or offered them as a $50 upgrade or something.

4. Traxan thread starter macrumors member

You guys are giving me a big sad. I grossly overpaid. $1049 on year ago. Then the accessories and memory...

And yeah I will use CL to find a local buyer, unless someone here comes up with a nice offer.

5. Asher133 macrumors member

That laptops not anywhere close to that I bought a 2012 retina for $900

You laptops worth around $600-$750 Max I'm pretty sure it's a nice computer but it's lacking in the technology department doesn't have usb 3.0 has a hard drive outdated graphics card and processor you pretty much have a 4 years old laptop sorry mate you won't get much for it.

6. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I guess around the 550 to 720 range. Because my 2010 mac is sold for 225 dollars but doesnt have 8gb of ram. So I'm guessing the 2011 will cost about double so around 550-600.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's a 2011

that model is prone to radeon gate, a catastrophic GPU failure that can't be easily fixed. This has lowered the price of second hand units considerably.