Help me protect my white beauty

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dand1996, May 2, 2011.

1. dand1996 macrumors regular

Hey Guys -

Just got the white iphone on launch day and absolutely love it. Of course my Incase snap case didn't fit because the white iPhone is a bit thicker. Can you guys recommend a clear or frosted clear TPU / silicone case? It also should not be crazy tight because I have a power support protector on the front and don't want it to bubble up from the case.

Thanks in advance
    @dpdesilva (for all things Apple-from a former apple emp)

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Based on your requirements:

-Switch Easy Vulcan or iSkin Claro.

4. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

That's odd. I have the Incase snap on my white iPhone. It's a little tighter fit than on the black, but it still works.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's been sounding more like quality-control than anything else. Apple would never let those 0.2 mm slip.

6. applefanatic32 macrumors newbie

iLuv Flex-Gel TPU Jelly Case

Cool, minimal case. Great fit - even for the white iPhone 4 ;)

7. guccigucci88, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

did you see the "straw" test picture? the white iphone is clearly thicker. Also many others have reported it to be thicker. Umm I doubt these allegations just popped out of nowhere if people didn't actually see or feel a difference in the phones. i would agree with the quality control statement. maybe some are the same size, but most definitely there are ones that are thicker. (thats NOT what she said)

8. Surely Guest

Surely

Did you see the ";):rolleyes:" in my post? Yeah.

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Guess sarcasm is lost on some.

10. nkcd macrumors newbie

I'm wondering the same. I'm looking at the SGP ultra thin one for my wife's iphone but not sure if it fits. The current case (unknown case from a friend) I have on my black IP4 is a total SNUG fit.

11. mgg macrumors member

My clear Belkin Grip Vue came today, and it's fantastic. Provides protection, but you can still clearly see the white iPhone. I, too, have a PS anti-glare screen protector on my phone, and this case does not cause it to bubble. Installation is a snap -- you just pull the case over the iPhone.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=540384

The Griffin FlexGrip seems to be along the same lines, though I haven't seen one in person yet. (I ordered the black one for my son today.) It's a lot less expensive, especially since they have free shipping. The Belkin has a slightly opaque finish -- the Griffin doesn't seem to (though the Belkin didn't seem to either on their website). (The opaque finish didn't look so hot on a black iPhone.)

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/flexgrip-iphone4#

12. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

is your username supposed to be sarcastic too? wanted to be sure not to miss that one or it might be the end of the world.