iPhone 7(+) help me recover a file in "Notes" plz

vaindioux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Atlanta
Hi

I own an iphone 7 and uses "Notes" a lot. Yesterday at work I updated one of my notes. About 10mns later I went to access it and it was gone. I looked 50 times, rebooted 3 times and searched notes for it, it was gone. It's an important work file.

My iphone is backed up on my PC, not in the cloud. I went in the cloud just to make sure and the cloud is empty. But I don't really know how to recover that file, it would be nice for someone to help me through it.
Again remember that my phone is not backed up in the cloud but on my PC (I say that again because 2 friends at work told me to go in the cloud even though I told them it was backed up on my PC).

Thxs a lot

Pat

Sedulous

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2002
Maybe it was accidentally deleted? Did you look in the recently deleted folder? It will linger there for 30 days before permanent deletion.

Reactions: chabig

vaindioux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Atlanta
Noobitar
The file was backed up on my PC. Just the last update I did wasn't backed up. Thxs
[doublepost=1551634699][/doublepost]
Maybe it was accidentally deleted? Did you look in the recently deleted folder? It will linger there for 30 days before permanent deletion.
Sedulous

Where is that recently deleted folder is?

Thxs

Pat

noobinator

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Noobitar
The file was backed up on my PC. Just the last update I did wasn't backed up. Thxs
[doublepost=1551634699][/doublepost]

Sedulous

Where is that recently deleted folder is?

Thxs

Pat
Go into notes app. Hit back arrow in top left corner. Recently deleted should show up as an option.

now i see it

macrumors 601
Jan 2, 2002
That has happened to me. Sometimes if you're typing something in Notes and don't click the "Done" button before switching to other apps, the note isn't "saved" right away, and a RAM hog app you switch to can deplete all the usable RAM on your iPhone and that note just disappears.
(That's my theory anyway)

Ever since I've been clicking the "Done" button before leaving Notes, I've never lost a note.

Your note that you're missing is gone forever unless it was in iCloud.... or if it isn't in your recently deleted files folder.

vaindioux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Atlanta
Just found out the recently deleted is only here if you store the notes in iCloud.
Ok that's a bummer. Someone told me to restore my last back up from itunes. I will do that tomorrow unless someone comes up with a new idea here. I will have to take screenshots of other files I recently updated and save them on my PC prior to the back up restore.

Pat

chabig

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
You might consider moving away from Yahoo. I think they've been a dead company walking for some time now.

vaindioux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Atlanta
Ok thanks to all, the file is gone forever, I tried to do a restore and it didn't work.
I started a new thread on how to back up on the cloud as it doesn't want to work for me.

Pat