Help me remember the thing like the Watch UI

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Piggie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I've just remembered something I saw, about 6 months or a year ago.
    And dam me, I can't remember what it was or where I saw it.

It may have been someone Apple demonstrated, or could of been part of a game, or even an experimental user interface from some company.

It just struck me, THIS is where I'd seen the general concept of Apple's zooming circles user interface.

It may even have been in a computer news article.
    A desktop or UI where you could have unlimited icons, you scrolled the whole screen about, and could zoom into clusters of round icons.

From memory, and it is vague I will admit, it could even of been the basis of the idea for what Apple did.

What I'm thinking of may of been an Apple demo, but it was long before the watch was shown.

Can anyone remember what I am talking about?
    there was a video showing it.

2. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Long shot, but I remember reading some people comparing it to the Beats Music interface

[​IMG]

3. troop231, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

troop231 macrumors 603

Are you talking about the now defunct Fusion Garage 'Grid' OS? This was awhile ago and is what you're describing.

4. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Thanks to you both for the replies, but no.

It's really annoying.
    I'm sure this was perhaps 6 months or more before we ever saw the Apple watch UI at all.

Really annoying.

I think, and I may be wrong, as I'm trying to remember, it was like a beta/demo of a proposed User Interface someone was showing off in a demo.

It was a MUCH larger area, almost like space, where you could use your fingers to smooth pan around the whole area of space, and zoom into clusters of round icons.

Like a totally unlimited desktop.

Imagine the Watch user interface but expanded way up, and you could create clusters of icons, in groups, then zoom massively away, and pan across the screen (space) to other clusters you have made.

That's kinda what I can remember, vaguely.

Like a sort of far more enhanced Apple watch user interface, but some concept thing.

Sure I saw a video of it.

5. troop231 macrumors 603

Check my post

6. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

hmmmm, you know you might be right.
    I found a video, and it's not really as I remember, but it's possible.
    If it's that or nothing then it might be that, but I remember it differently.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google+ Circles?

Like I said in the other thread, I'm sure many many apps / UI have used this basic idea before. Be interesting to see how many examples people can come up with!