help me remove "antipop"

happle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
i installed antipop to remove the pop from my speakers when turning on and off my computer.

heres the app -> http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/29024/antipop

but its actually causing pops whenever my computer makes a sound. id like to delete this but i couldnt find it even with spotlight. i think it may be in like the usr/bin folder but i couldnt find the name of it.

any help? this constant popping is getting really old.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
yeah but i literally cant find it at all.

it doesnt seem to be called antipop anymore so i dont know how to identify it.
Did you try following the instructions, searching for antipop? Don't skip any steps.

Also, it comes with its own uninstall command. Have you tried that?

happle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Did you try following the instructions, searching for antipop? Don't skip any steps.

Also, it comes with its own uninstall command. Have you tried that?
yeah i cant seem to find it anywhere. and where would its uninstall command be? i didnt see any on the download site. and i cant find the file to begin with to find the command if its there.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
yeah i cant seem to find it anywhere. and where would its uninstall command be? i didnt see any on the download site. and i cant find the file to begin with to find the command if its there.
Complete steps 1-7 of the instructions in the link I posted, then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.

happle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Complete steps 1-7 of the instructions in the link I posted, then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.
i got it. my search criteria was wrong. thanks for the help. and sorry for not reading more carefully before asking twice.

you the man!

by the way im on a fresh hackintosh i just built. pretty sad i can get 10.8.2 on a pc running fine before i can successfully remove a file on a mac :rolleyes: