help me remove "antipop"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by happle, Sep 24, 2012.

1. happle macrumors 6502a

i installed antipop to remove the pop from my speakers when turning on and off my computer.

heres the app -> http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/29024/antipop

but its actually causing pops whenever my computer makes a sound. id like to delete this but i couldnt find it even with spotlight. i think it may be in like the usr/bin folder but i couldnt find the name of it.

any help? this constant popping is getting really old.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah but i literally cant find it at all.

it doesnt seem to be called antipop anymore so i dont know how to identify it.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try following the instructions, searching for antipop? Don't skip any steps.

Also, it comes with its own uninstall command. Have you tried that?

5. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i cant seem to find it anywhere. and where would its uninstall command be? i didnt see any on the download site. and i cant find the file to begin with to find the command if its there.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Complete steps 1-7 of the instructions in the link I posted, then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.

7. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i got it. my search criteria was wrong. thanks for the help. and sorry for not reading more carefully before asking twice.

you the man!

by the way im on a fresh hackintosh i just built. pretty sad i can get 10.8.2 on a pc running fine before i can successfully remove a file on a mac :rolleyes: