Help me resolution problem PLEASE! fast!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gootch35, Dec 16, 2007.

1. gootch35 macrumors newbie

So im playing Command and Conquer 3 right? just bought it for macintosh, great game online... if you like a good RTS.

Anyway, i changed the resolution to 1920x1080 (because i wanted to see how it ran at that res).... and now i cant change it back

my problem : the mouse cursor SHOWS UP about 4 inches lower than it "really is".... so i can select a new resolution from the drop down on the settings page, HOWEVER because the "accept" button is near the bottom of the screen, i cant get the mouse pointer to actually be low enough to click it... Also, you cant press enter, or return to accept the new change...

PLEASE help... anything you can contribute would be awesome!

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Go to System Prefs then Displays, check the box that says, "Show displays in menu bar"

Then you can select a resolution from the menu bar and the ok screen, if there is one, should be visible.

Hopefully that helps.

3. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

BTW, sometimes in the game settings there is an option to change the system default display. Uncheck that if possible, don't let the game mess with the system settings. Some older games don't support that type of resolution, the newer ones with Intel support usually do, meaning you can set your Mac as high as it'll go, then simply load the game and it adapts and all you do is adjust realism affects in the game, i.e. anti-aliasing, texturing, shadows and 3D modeling details.

An example of this in action is The Sims 2 or X-Plane, both do a great job adapting with options that make sense for the modern Macs in game mode.

-jim