Help me return a lost Nokia Windows phone!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andy9l, Apr 15, 2016.

1. andy9l, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016

andy9l macrumors 68000

On the train home from work today, lady sat opposite on her laptop. Didn't pack up her stuff quite in time before reaching her stop so ended up rushing and shoving everything in her bag before running off...

About 10 minutes later I realised there was a phone wedged between the seats. Presumably hers. Guy next to me said, hold onto it she'll probably call it soon and you can somehow get it back. Sounded sensible, so I kept hold of it.

Problem is, she hasn't called. In fact, the only activity on it has been email, which suggests to me that it's a company phone. She probably doesn't really care if that's the case.

So my question is - what do I do now? I feel if I just hold onto it and hope, I've done nothing but steal someone's phone...

I haven't got the right connector to charge the thing, and I can't turn off wifi without the passcode to try and help prolong its life. It's just ticking down to a point where it can never be returned.

I'm reluctant to turn it off as I don't know if I'll need the passcode to get it back online again...then I'm really screwed.

Any past experience/advice really appreciated. Bit stuck on this one - just trying to do a good thing for someone, somewhere.

Edit: Some good news - my girlfriend's Blackberry charger seems to work! Knew that company was good for something.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Well, if no one calls for it, you can surely turn it in to your local police station. Or if you recall the station the woman got off at, a station local to that area.

3. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

Yep, police station was going to be my last port of call. Thought I'd wait until today (first work day since I found it) to see if the owner would call, and sure enough I woke up this morning to the Nokia ringtone!

Arranged to meet the owner and give it back today. Success story.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well done, you; a very good story and a deservedly happy ending.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Nice to see that these stories sometimes resolve easily!

6. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

Met at a Costa - now back in her hands. It was worth holding onto after all!

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Again, very well done, and nice to see a story of this sort conclude with a mutually happy ending.