Other Help me! Returning iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatiPhoneKid, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

I’m returning an iPhone I bought for my mother, it’s an iPhone 7, anyway it’s within its 14 day return policy but she’s used the earphones once, will I still get a refund if I send the phone back?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Why of course she will get a refund. Just pack it all in the box and send it back.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

You’re worried about the earphones and not the fact that the iPhone is also used? Yes you can get a full refund.

4. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

It’s a legitimate question. Since the earbuds have been in someone’s ears, they won’t be able to reshelve them (I’m assuming that’s what the OP is thinking). But yes, you’ll get a full refund as long as nothing has been damaged.

5. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you both, she put her sim in the phone will this still be ok.

6. wmdunn macrumors member

wmdunn

Yes, it will be fine.

7. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

8. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have really helped, my mother also threw away the plastic wrapping around the box when she received the phone, will this matter, thanks!

9. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

You gotta be trolling now man. You think Apple really cares about the plastic?!?!

10. predation macrumors 65816

11. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah I’m serious, I get paranoid about returns, honestly I’m not trolling

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you have everything that came inside the box you'll be fine.

13. Newtons Apple, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I am betting when the box gets back to the factory or where ever they refurbish devices, no one is going to inspect the earphones for earwax! They will automatically toss them with the box in the dumpster. They might keep the charger and cable.

It is hard to believe this was the reason for a new thread.

14. Macalway macrumors 68030

You might not even need those ear buds for a return.

You would think they would recycle them, like Best Buy, but i'm not sure what Apple does.

Also would probably depend on the person you are dealing with. But as far as Granny wax, not an issue.

15. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

hopefully the earphones won’t be a problem, would be annoying if they declined the return based on the earphones being open and used a only once

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

When does the holiday return policy begin where you have 6 weeks to try the iPhone over just having 14 days? Is it on Thanksgiving Day, or maybe, Black Friday, the day after?

17. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple has not announced the 2018/2019 holiday return window, but this was 2017/2018 Policy:

For the holidays, the company has expanded this window: If an item was purchased between November 15and December 25, 2017 you have until January 8, 2018 to return or exchange.”

18. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

I totally understand your fears.

I’ve done a lot of returning of things to Apple. There’s never been a problem. I don’t even think they check the returned items very carefully. I once returned an Apple Watch with the wrong strap. (Same price point. Just a mix up.) No problem. Full refund.

This week I returned an AW strap. I was two days outside the 14 day window. I had an online chat, asked nicely, and they were fine with letting me return the strap.

Apple are brilliant at returns.

As regards the cellophane wrapping, I’ve returned an iPhone to both Argos and John Lewis (in the UK) despite having opened up the box and therefore broken all the seals. And despite putting the SIM card in and setting up the phone. Full refunds in both cases.

BTW To those people who are bound to want to weigh in with criticisms . . . I have spent tens of thousands of pounds with Apple over the years. Hell, I’ve spent about ten grand in the last two years alone. I’m so loyal to them precisely because of this level of customer service. If they didn’t do returns in this way, I wouldn’t take the risk in ordering items in the way that I do. I just wouldn’t bother at all. And it turns out that Apple’s profits and share price are quite good, despite all my returns.

19. TheLocNar macrumors member

TheLocNar

Apple can harvest the wax for the new iCandle.

20. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Yeah I think after reading his subsequent posts that he’s certainly trolling.

21. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Definitely trolling. He’s worrying about them not accepting the return because of used earphones and the plastic wrap. Where’s the worry about the damn phone?! I’d be more worried about that.

22. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

Make sure you return the thank you note from Tim Cook.

23. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thank you... I'll buy my iPhone then.

24. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPhone all boxed up ready to be picked up for return on Tuesday, thanks for all your help