Help me save this flash video please?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by todd2000, Oct 10, 2009.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Can anyone figure out how to save the embedded Flash video from this site:

http://broadcast.onedrop.org/

I've tried the Safari activity menu, but it doesn't show up in there. I have also tried various methods with Firefox, but I don't use it much so I don't know too much.

NOTE: If you have Microsoft Silverlight installed it will use that to play the video by default instead of flash.

Thanks!

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Try CosmoPod. I've been using it for over a year now, and it's been very reliable. I tried it with the video you linked to, and it downloaded just great for me. (Though check the reviews re compatibility with Snow Leopard.)

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Did you actually watch the video it downloaded? I just tried it and somehow it downloaded a 4 minute video called FLight of The Conchords. Kinda strange.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

OK, it just made a liar out of me. :(

I'm not sure what's going on with that site. Earlier all I got on the web page was one of those endless "loading" graphics. I went and downloaded it anyway, and yes, I got the "Conchords" video. Since I never got to see it on the web page, I assumed that's what was there.

This time I saw a brief video of a guy on the International Space Station. But once he introduces himself, the video ends. :confused:

I haven't a clue as to whether that's the entire video, or why the wrong video downloaded. Sorry.

5. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

If you're not using "Firefox" as your web browser Download it, next get an extension for it and install it called "video download helper", to play these kinds of files "VLC" is the best player all 3 are free and you can download them online.

6. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

TubeTV should work, but play the video before hitting download.

7. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S