Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daedalus256

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Alright I received my wireless card today for my G3 Wallstreet, I got three of these suckers for $15 shipped! (win!) So I plug it in and I get nothing. The card shows power and everything but I have no idea if there are even drivers in OS9 (or even OSX, tried a separate one in my G4 Pbook) for this linksys card.

The linksys card is model is WCP11-VN. Are there drivers that I need or something? Any help I can get is appreciated. The G3 is currently running OS9 if that serves any major significance (I'd image it does since OS9 and OSX are COMPLETELY different worlds)

thanks in advance guys!

bliner

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2005
Bloomington, IN
hmmm, for some reason the fourm keeps timing out when I try to edit my post.

Anyway, the D-Link DWL-122 will work with OS X, and there are 3rd party drivers out there for other but many times they cost $ and none for the linksys as far as I can find.

Daedalus256

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow this sucks. I bought these specifically to get my G3 online (And maybe escape some of the wifi problems that the airport in a g4 aluminum has) Also, my Wallstreet doesn't exactly have USB ports. Am I left with no wireless options?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.