Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenzi13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
United States
Ok so my boyfriend got the new iPhone 5 from sprint and has been having troubles ever since. The most common one is when he goes on Facebook and tries to message someone the keyboard won't show! Help

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
How is Facebook being accessed? Through web browser, the app? Has he tried using the Facebook Messenger app?

Kenzi13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
United States
He uses the web browser and every time he tries to download the Facebook app it'll take like 1 hr to get through the process I think it's cuz of sprint I could be wrong but that's his provider

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
He uses the web browser and every time he tries to download the Facebook app it'll take like 1 hr to get through the process I think it's cuz of sprint I could be wrong but that's his provider
Tell him to hop on wifi and download the app!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If he's on a decent fast wifi connection it shouldnt take more than a minute or so to download the facebook app that is only 24mb.
Try restarting the iphone, you might be experiencing the dreaded wifi issues that hit many iphone 5 owners.

daudi

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
if you dont want the jailbreak, then update to ios 6.0.2, it will fix the wifi issues with the iphone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.