All iPads Help me spend my $100 gift card

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrcalabash, Nov 8, 2012.

1. mrcalabash, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

mrcalabash macrumors member

For my birthday, I received a $100 Apple Store gift card, and I'm undecided how to spend it. I prefer cash, to be honest, or Amazon, since prices are already better, so I don't see the point of buying something from Apple that is discounted elsewhere. I had some Best Buy discounts, and the only way I got to spend it was when the iPad 2 came out.

In addition to my iPad I have an iPhone 5, which is too old already to buy AppleCare. I use a PC, so Mad accessories don't work.

Two contenders for my swag are the Zooka Bluetooth speaker. It also works as an iPad stand and a hands free car device.

I'm also giving serious thought to Apple TV. Problem is that among my TVs, each is either a smart TV, or has a Roku device.

Is mirroring my iPad and iPhone reason enough alone to buy Apple TV? I don't have much content, and mostly steam stuff anyway. I could see it when my wife and are shopping for something so we could both look at it on the big TV.

I found I could buy an iTunes card with my apple store card, so that's an option--although streaming is fin for me.

Problem will be solved if my wife decides to get an iPad mini. I'll kick it in for that.

Any others suggestions?

2. EricByer macrumors member

Don't need any iPhone 5 accessories like Lightning to X for car/ home/ office?

I'd vote for the speaker option you mentioned if you don't need any iPhone 5 accessories.

You could always sell it to Plastic Jungle or similar for cash/ Amazon credit.

3. mrcalabash thread starter macrumors member

4. Hakone macrumors 6502a

Just a suggestion, just because you have $100 at the ready, don't feel that you NEED to spend it now. If nothing works for you in the current apple lineup, just wait.

5. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Sell it to someone down at your apple store for cash. They're making a large purchase, they give you $100 cash, you give them the gift card.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That's not going to work. Why spend $100 on a gift card anyway? Best way is to offer them the $100 card for about $85-$90.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Or, wait and see what's up for sale on Black Friday.

8. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

You can still buy AppleCare for your iPhone 5 and extend the warranty to 2 years coverage. You cannot buy AppleCare+, but normal AppleCare is still an option.

9. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Just hang onto it and wait for something you really want/need

10. mrcalabash thread starter macrumors member

When I was in the Apple store, they didn't mention that.

AT&T offering a $100 discount for tablets puts in a new wrinkle. That's where my wife would get the mini, since she wants a data plan. The announcement says the discount is at AT&T stores and "selected retailers." If Apple would be a selected realtor, that would seal it.

Otherwise, I would wait.

11. layziegtp macrumors regular

Buy 94 $0.99 apps from the app store.

Oh, you said Apple store... hmmm... I'd go with a dock or something tbh.