Help me spruce up my boring workstation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stateofmind, Feb 15, 2009.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2184/94/22/1359930068/n1359930068_30069269_1079.jpg

As you can see, that is probably the most boring workstation ever! I went for nice and clean but wound up with something so sterile, something you'd find in a clean room.

Note: the macbook looks very dirty in this picture but it is pristine (I blame the tungsten lighting and iphone camera on this front)

I plan on getting a 20-24 inch Dell display along with a kb/m so that may help, but what else do you think I can do while still keeping the clean look?

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

[​IMG]

There's nothing really wrong with that desk besides bad lighting, however I supposed you could add that monitor you wanted, then maybe some art on that wall so it isn't so plain.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I might try a splash of color -- for instance a cloth runner that you can lay across the middle of the table along the long axis of the table, not covering the whole thing. Something in a smooth fabric with a single reasonably bright color that you like. You can coordinate a color you put on the desk with a wall hanging you put behind the desk -- it will look a lot less barren merely by doing something with the wall....

Also... the IcyDock looks much better vertically. ;)

4. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

I agree that the desk is poorly lit, maybe a floor lamp or desk lamp would help.

Also, what do you use the desk for? Is it for personal use, work use, gaming, etc...??

5. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Personal and my part time wedding editing workstation

6. chinarider macrumors regular

7. timsutcliffe macrumors 6502

Nice

It looks ideal to me, i'd love to have a desk with all that free space.

However, i'd definitely go for a nice big picture on the wall. Maybe a breaking wave, something quite bright.

8. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Some extra lighting would serve you well. Maybe a better sound system? More modern/sleek looking?

*Bose*