Help me stay with my iMac!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alex007, Dec 1, 2011.

1. alex007 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I want to start by saying that I'm a born again Mac user lol... But I'm having a hard time finding the most utilized program which on PC was "Direct Mp3 Splitter And Joiner" I use that program on daily bases to cut different parts of a long audio file (usually 2 hours+) with a simple push of a button it starts the split and another button ends the selection then it is easily saved as different parts... I have yet to find a program on Mac that comes remotely close. Please help me in staying a Mac Loyal for life! If you have any suggestions to a program identical to Direct Wav Mp3 Splitter and Joiner Please let me know asap! Thanks a million! Please provide links...
    Here's a link so you can see exactly how it looks. Thanks in advance!

http://www.pistonsoft.com/mp3-splitter.html

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Probably more fiddelly but could you not use GarageBand?

3. alex007 thread starter macrumors newbie

getting closer! One thing missing from all of the mac software/programs is an easy push "begin" and "end" selection . When working on several hours of music sets it does make a huge difference.

4. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Since your Mac can run all Windows software (using a virtual machine or Boot Camp), you can use your Windows tool without having to find a Mac alternative.

5. alex007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does adding boot camp and having a dual boot Mac have any effect on my Mac "experience" ... Does it slow down the system, does it make it prone to virus's, anything I should be aware of??? Thanks anyone

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I use Sound Studio, $29.99 on app store.

The software you listed is $50.

7. simsaladimbamba

If you dual boot between Windows and Mac OS X, you will not slow down your Mac, as every OS runs on its own.
    And it doesn't make it prone to viruses.
    There are currently no viruses for Mac OS X in public circulation, only a handful of trojans and other malware, which have to be installed manually via entering the administrator password.
    The only anti-virus you need to protect your Mac is education and common sense.
    Also know, that the term "virus" is often used to refer to other kinds of malware, but there are differences, which you can find out by reading the following:

Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios

8. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

9. alex007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a million guys!!! Running dual boot with bootcamp and works like a charm! I really appreciate the advise's and glad I don't have to return my iMac YES!

10. peoplevoice macrumors member

Virtual Machine

I'd say it is worthy to try the virtual machine options (Virtual Box, Parallels, VMWARE). With any of these programs you don't need to boot only in Windows or MAC OSX. You can have both operating systems working at the same time!