Help me to decide

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arminnn89, Jun 1, 2015.

  1. Arminnn89 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2015
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #1
    Hi

    I am planning to buy a rMBP 15" this year, to be honest i was expecting new cpu(s) in the new release, i want to ask if you recommend me to buy it now or wait for broadwell/skylake update?
    is there any chance we get another update this year for 15" rmbp?
    i know it is common question but spending £1600 for a laptop you expect to have the machine for 3-4 years
     
  2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #2
    I don't expect another until skylake and i don't expect to see that until the start of next year.

    As broadwell is not released (and looking less and less likely to be released) the current 15 rMBP has the best mobile CPU's currently available and they'll be great for at least another 4 years...
     
  3. Ovedius macrumors 6502

    Ovedius

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2012
    Location:
    Norway
    #3
    Well.
    The way I see it, even if Apple goes for a low key update (like the one we just had) to Broadwell later this year or a Skylake bump/redesign next year, the actual performance gains are probably practically inconsequential to everyone but the most ardent power-users.

    Also, since they just upgraded the GPU, I don't think we'll see an even faster one any time soon.

    So I'm pretty calm and satisfied with my decision to go for a 15" now, I intend to keep it for the next 4-6 years for sure.
     

Share This Page