help me to find software,plz

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HikaRu, Apr 6, 2007.

1. HikaRu macrumors newbie

Hi,i have used macbook pro for 2 months and really happy about it :D .But when i download file like XXX.avi.001,XXX.avi.002 ,i do not know a software which is used to join that file together :mad: ,so who knows it ,plz help me
    Another thing is that I have some problem with Stuffit Expander .I mean sometimes it does not work well while that file was expanded easily by winrar in Window :confused: .So could anyone help me to solve that problem
    Thank in advance
    (Note: my English is not good,so if anyone can not understand ,please do not blaim me about it :p )

2. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

If you want to join video files together then Simple Video Splicer is a freebie that is very simple, and very afst. If it doesn't work with the video type you have, you might use iSquint to convert to mp4.

P.S. your English is fine, and it's a sad reflection on some people here that you feel you have to apologise.

3. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

JasonElise1983

I agree, your english is very good. Better than a lot of people i know down here in The South. Don't let anyone tell you, that you are hard to understand, and for sure don't apologize to them, because they can't read.

4. HikaRu thread starter macrumors newbie

j26: thank so much.However ''Simple Video Splicer'' dose not work,when i open it ,it said that ''unable to read the dictionary of the application or extension because it is not scriptable '' :mad: and :confused: ,please help me
    unarchiver worked better than i expected ,thank in advance :D

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

6. Angrist macrumors 6502

7. HikaRu thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, they are ,but it is used to join 2 files :mad: whereas i have a lot (x.avi.001; x.avi.002;x.avi.003;......).Or maybe i do not know how to do it .Is that right? :confused:

8. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

If your files are simply chunks of the same original, larger file, you can use Terminal to put them back together. Open up Terminal (in Applications/Utilities) and try these commands (I'm assuming no unix command line knowledge, bear with me if that's not true):

• cd foldername

Here, "foldername" is the name of the folder where you saved the files. If they're in the desktop, that name is Desktop. If they're multiple levels down, use the / (forward-slash) to separate them. For example, cd Desktop/files goes to the folder called "files" on the desktop.

• cat x.avi.* > x.avi

That should do it. The 'cat' command tells it to concatenate all files beginning with x.avi... and put the result into the file 'x.avi'. Hope this helps.

9. HikaRu thread starter macrumors newbie

:cool: Linky works great for real video .But I think you guys misunderstand me :eek: . I mean about files which at the end of its is 001 ;002;003 and so on ,not xx.avi(01),xx.avi(02) and etc. Or anyone knows Hjsplit in Window they will know what i mean :rolleyes: .

10. Angrist macrumors 6502

Well if they're files originally created (or chopped up) with Hjsplit ... then you should just look for a Mac client of that software package. This seems to be one, although I haven't used it so can't comment on how well (if at all) it works.

11. HikaRu thread starter macrumors newbie

To Angrist: I had tried Chunkjoiner before but it said : ''t does not support in this system'' :confused: whereas I actually use :apple: if it works ,it will not support files larger than 2 GB while my files are 4 GB :mad: ,and i attempted to find it in google but there are no software i need :(
    I really do not want to switch to Window anymore because mac is really great for me ,but in this case ,maybe i have to install window in my laptop :( (a bit disappointed ) and use a Hjsplit .
    Anyway thank for your help so much :p

12. Shiesl macrumors newbie