Help me to grab this video clip please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by RedTomato, Nov 9, 2007.

1. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Hiya,

British TV news have filmed my partner and daughter talking (signing) about the possible closure of their deaf school. The news people have put a clip up on their website.

I'm trying to grab the video so that I can add subtitles and put it on the school campaign website, but I can't figure out how.

Can you help?

The link is http://www.itvlocal.com/london/news/?player=LON_News_26&void=116897

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If you open Safari's activity window, you might be able to figure out the location of the video piece based on the size or the extension. Then, it might be easier to download just that video.

3. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

I'd contact ITV about it as you'll need their permission to reuse it on another site.

4. RedTomato thread starter macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Thanks - I've asked ITV, but they're highly likely to lose the tape or just say they can't find it or 'oh dear me it's too complicated to sort out permissions'.

Having worked for the BBC, I know TV people have no time whatsoever for following up on anything or for anything that exists outside their program schedule. When it's shown, that's it, onto the next project/location shoot etc etc.

Anyway, a very clever bloke has popped up and kindly put it on YouTube. Thanks for your help, clever man.

ps. thanks for the tip about Safari, I never knew about that feature. Tried it out and sadly the clip doesn't load in Safari. Works fine in Firefox.

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Fair enough. I hope it all works out for you.