Help Me to Pimp my iMac G4 700 plz!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by harryjstewart, Apr 16, 2010.

1. harryjstewart macrumors newbie

HELLO!
    I am a newbie to the world of macs (i bought this macbook 2 weeks ago) and my dad wants a bite of the apple.. literally. he bought a 15" 700 mhz imac g4 (one like a lamp). it came with 756mb ram (or sommat like that) and os x 10.1.2 ...

the problem is, its not quite powerful enough - we cant even install a decent version of flash.

What can i do to pimp it up a bit? (at minimal cost ;))

I know that at present Tiger is the best i can go on OS front - who knows where i can buy it?

and failing that, how can i get snow leopard on it?
    Thanks!
    Also, i'm in the UK, so if you could please bear that in mind :)

Thanks!

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Snow Leopard won't work. eBay for Tiger but make sure to buy the retail copy and not some gray install disks. Panther (10.3) will be cheaper.

3. harryjstewart thread starter macrumors newbie

Would Panther run the latest version of Flash, so we can actually play online games on there? If it does i think i'll go with that,

Ty for your help!

4. Pachang macrumors regular

Just pirate 10.4

It won't do flash anyway. Would look nice in the living room or something :p>

5. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Illegal

You can find it on ebay but frankly a G4 of that age isn't going to be playing the latest flash games, or any flash really. Email server, word processor, light web browser but don't expect too much

6. raysfan81 macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

You could watch youtube videos and do web browsing and whatnot along with word processing but no heavy flash apps (MLB gameday app crashes the web browser on my PM 400mhz :rolleyes: