Help me understand Calendars....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GanChan, Mar 16, 2014.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

My last Mac was still using iCal, so now I'm getting up to speed on the mostly-similar Calendars. So please forgive my ignorance in advance....

I created my usual bunch of calendars and everything was working fine. Then I figured it would only make sense to put them on iCloud where my remote devices could view/modify them. I did this, and my new iCloud calendars worked great too. But now I see that I ONLY have my calendars in iCloud; when I'm not logged into iCloud, my Calendars vanish into thin air. Does this mean that I'm stuck with using Calendars via iCloud or offline, as an "either-or" situation? Can't I simply maintain my Calendars offline, pushing them up onto iCloud periodically just to have a current version accessible on the go?

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Signing out of iCloud does not translate into 'offline', it is more like 'remove iCloud services'. What do you hope to accomplish by logging out? While you are disconnected from the network iCloud will let you edit your calendars and they will be updated when you reconnect, just as you describe.

A.