Help me understand iCloud Drive (Beta) and my photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Indiana-Pilot, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Indiana-Pilot macrumors newbie

So, I am pretty sure I have done everything possible to achieve what I want with my photo syncing but I am still lacking one item. Actual album sync to a PC.

I have iCloud drive "beta" enabled on all my iOS devices and like the way it syncs my pics, videos, and albums.

Other than using icloud.com to view and download my pictures, is there a way to sync them automatically to my PC? I have iCloud for Windows installed but I only see my shared pictures in the iCloud photo section.. (if this would just sync my photos at full resolution to my PC I would be happy)

I want an exact copy of my albums on my PC (ease of access and back-up purposes)

Is this possible? Thanks!

2. zone23 macrumors 68000

You can install the iCloud software on your Windows computer. The problem I have is it doesn't work half the time YMMV.

Edit:

I see you have the software installed, when it works it should sync all your photos. In my experience though is it doesn't work most of the time.

3. Indiana-Pilot thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems to work but I only see my shared albums.. I don't see any other photos other than those.. So I take it, I should see all albums ?

4. zone23 macrumors 68000

Not sure what albums are but on my work computer I see all my "shared" folders with the pictures I put in them. Then my photo stream is empty because it doesn't sync properly.

5. Indiana-Pilot thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant I want to see an exact image of the photos I see on my iOS devices (all pictures and even the albums I have placed them in)

6. zone23 macrumors 68000

I here ya, I've signed in and out (windows pc) before sometimes it helps. Example I just took a picture with my phone it shows up on all my other iOS devices but I get nothing on Windows. I guess my point is your not alone, and I would hope it gets fixed eventually. BTW I'm on Windows 8.1 probably works fine on Windows 7.

7. Indiana-Pilot thread starter macrumors newbie

I am on Windows 7 and any of my "shared albums" show instantly.. I just want all of my albums to show up on my Windows PC as they do at icloud.com :cool:

8. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

iCloud Photo Library will not sync photos to your PC at this time. The photo sync feature of the iCloud plugin is for Photostream. The older method of dealing with and syncing photos. So, the only options you have with a PC at the moment is to use iCloud.com.

9. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

It seems that iCloud control panel version 3.1 works fine but the 4.x versions are marginal at best. Symptoms like shared streams update fine but main photostream does not. No real issues with ver 3.1

10. Indiana-Pilot thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.. So my next question, will the actual files sync to a Mac OS computer? (not another file format)

Thanks,

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Your photos will sync from iCloud Photo Library to a MAC once the new photos application is released.