Help me upgrade from Lion to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tafmia, Nov 29, 2011.

1. tafmia macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I had a Macbook Pro that after 3 trips to the shop, Apple finally replaced with a new machine. Unfortunately the new machine came with the most suck ass operating system ever developed. It is enough to make me think about going back to Windows.

The first one is the annoying security feature that many users have complained about, namely that opening any type of file from the internet generates a warning. I have tried using the terminal command with limited success but in the end I still have to give permission to open up each file and in a file with 500 photos, that is completely impractical.

The second one involves Preview denying me permission to view files. I have loaded numerous .jpeg photos (from my camera, that I took,) onto my computer and if I try to open them in preview, it denies me permission even though the permissions list me as being able to read and write that particular file.

I have been to the Apple store several times with this problem and each time, they claim they either know nothing about the problem (i.e I am the only one who has encountered it) or they just shrug and say it is a Lion improvement.

So my question is, does anyone know how to fix these problems or better yet upgrade to Snow Leopard which did not have these problems but can no longer be downloaded from the Apple Store?

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I stopped reading here. Good luck.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

First off, it's downgrading from Lion to Snow Leopard. And if your MacBook Pro originally shipped with Snow Leopard, then yes - you can downgrade.

You need the following to successfully downgrade:

*Mac OS 10.6.xx Custom Install Discs for your MacBook Pro
    *External Harddrive

Basically, you would need to manually copy all your files to your external harddrive. Then, erase your Mac's harddrive and install Snow Leopard on it. Then, copy back your files & reinstall all your 3rd party applications.

4. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

It's definitely UPGRADING from Lion to SL.