help me w/my decision

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jena55, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jena55 macrumors member

Ok, so i am thinking of buying an ipod touch. I know a million questions have been asked like this... but i wanted to ask my specific questions cause reading all these threads just has me confused and back and forth.

First of all.... do people really think an new touch will be out soon? Or is it more likely nothing new (other than maybe software upgrades) would be out until Sept with all the other ipods?? I dont really mind buying something that may be outdated soon... but i prefer it not be outdated within days.

Second... do alot of the apps work without Wifi connection?? Like, once downloaded, can you run most of them even when you arent in a wifi area? Or do alot of them rely on wifi?

I could just go the iphone route... but i am happy with verizon and love a real keyboard to text on my phone. I think an ipod touch will still make me happy. Hmmm

It's Valentine's day and I am feeling sorry for myself. lol Thinking I need to by myself an ipod touch for Valentines day. I just don't w ant buyers remorse. Meanwhile, what i am really waiting for is a new iMac.

2. jena55 thread starter macrumors member

oh and one more thing......

I have a nano that holds my songs and I will probably continue to use that for working out, the car etc.... So I was wondering will 8GB hold alot of apps and stuff if you dont fill it with too much music? or would it still be wise to go the 16gb direction. I am thinking i will be using the touch mostly as an entertainment/pda type thing.

3. bonafide macrumors regular

Bump..

Same questions for me. I'd like to know the answers.

4. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

My Experience after buying an iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Most of the apps do not rely on WiFi once downloaded, I guess it depends on what you want the app to do, for example there are apps like "Latest Movie Releases" which obviously would rely on WiFi, likewise with things like Shazam.

However there are LOADS of Apps, that do not, from gaming to recipes for food etc, there are plenty of Apps that you can use without WiFi.

I have no idea about confirmed release dates (my guess would be around the September mark).

In terms of memory, 8GB is a lot for Apps, I have an 8GB iPhone which has about 60-70 Apps which use up around 200MB of storage!

Personally (After loosing my iPod Touch! :mad:) I walked into the Apple store to replace it and walked out with a 120GB Classic (as I had an iPhone) so the Touch felt a bit too big for me...

Sweet device though in it's own rights.

Hope this helps?