Help me which mac should i buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sriteja25, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Sriteja25 macrumors member

Help me please

I want to buy a macbook pro i am from india and i am a student.
    I can spend money maximum for entry level 15 inch macbook pro non retina with 512mb graphic .
    I want to play games like ea sports games, batman arkham city,gta games etc. can the entry level run these games.will bootcamping run all these games with the dedicated graphic card present in it.

Now,
    I can wait for 2-3 months ,so should i wait for haswell macbook pro non retina. Will there be any significant improvement in graphics or perfomance beside battery improvement.

Apple just introduced back to college scheme in our country and giving a good discount.

So,please help me should i wait or should i go for the present macbook pro.

Thank you.

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

There is no guarantee that Apple will introduce a Haswell non-Retina MacBook Pro at all.

3. Sriteja25 thread starter macrumors member

Please tell me about the quiries which i mention about current gen macbook pro .please

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Let me get this straight, you're getting a Laptop for gaming, and on top of that, it's a Mac?

I'll probably be shot down for this, but buy a console or build a cheap desktop PC. Either of those will run circles around any current generation Apple laptop as far as gaming goes, and will cost a lot less.

With that said, the GT650M is a capable graphics card, and should handle pretty much anything you throw it's way with a little graphics setting tweaking. The amount of graphics memory doesn't change much of anything at this performance level, you're most likely never going to run out of it.

5. toondw macrumors 6502

Oi! I use my rmbp for gaming! ;) mind you. Your right of course regarding a dedicated console or PC (even a gaming laptop) but I just love the Rmbp, and nothing in the pc 'gaming' laptop market comes close to the pure sexiness of my ...... (I'll stop there! :-0)

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If Apple decided not to make Haswell for non retina MBP then your option is to buy base 2012 classic MBP 15" that will let you upgrade RAM (16GB) and also SSD if you can afford. I don't think you need a retina display because you are only playing games. :apple: