Help me with Bootcamp and Win 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sk1wbw, Dec 14, 2012.

1. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

So I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate via Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. I've tried it twice so far and still doesn't work correctly. Both times, none of the network adapter drivers are installed on the Windows 7 partition. So I'm left with a Windows 7 partition install that is worthless. I've done this before on my older MacBook with no problems.

Can someone point me to where I can download the necessary stuff to make my Windows 7 install work correctly?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Take the time to actually read the instructions of the bootcamp assistant, it prompts you to download and save the necessary drivers to a USB thumb drive or DVD at some point before the reboot to install windows.

Don't go around clicking next without actually reading what your computer is telling you. Doing that is the #1 cause of computer problems in my personal experience (ever had friends with about 4 useless toolbars installed on their windows machine? They could've opted out of each one of them, but they dumbly clicked next without looking)

3. sk1wbw thread starter Suspended

sk1wbw

Sorry, when I said I was trying for days, I meant to say I was trying for days to download that stuff. Are Apple's servers that bad? I know it can't by my network. Is that software somewhere else to download?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Nope, not as far as I know, you're stuck with Apple's servers unless someone has kindly uploaded the bootcamp drivers for your machine elsewhere.

5. sk1wbw thread starter Suspended

sk1wbw

Okay, someone over at Arstechnica pointed me in this direction:

Bootcamp drivers

6. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

You need to google a bootcamp instructions guide and you have to follow step by step. You cannot skip any steps.

When I tried installing win 7 a couple of months ago I didnt bother reading all if the steps. And I ran into serious problems. After following the instructions step by step the installation went perfect.

7. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Keep in mind that the drivers download file is very large, even if it doesnt say it is. Leave the download over night or something.

8. mrbigglessworth macrumors member

I think my rMBP downloaded about a GB worth of support files.

9. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

Solution is simple, remove Boot Camp and purchase Parallels. Problems, all of them, solved.

That was easy.

10. sk1wbw thread starter Suspended

sk1wbw

Bootcamp free.
    Paralles money.

Already got Win 7 Ultimate up and running via that other link, I gave up on Apple's servers through the Bootcamp setup assistant.