Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cofila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
So guys i want to buy macbook pro but my budget is not so high. I want to buy 2011/12/13 macbook pro but i need your help. I need laptop to use it for web design company. Basically i use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator in same time. I need fast loading and not bugging. Can someone help me with hardware. What is most important hardware parts for these apps. Do i need to focus on graphic card and buy i5 with 1gb 1.5gb graphic card or i just need i5, i7 processor with 512mb graphic and ssd? Is graphic card important for speed of apps? Also can you explain importance of ram memory and is 4gb enough or i need 8gb?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
For Photoshop and Illustrator both running at once, you'll probably want 16gb of RAM.

If the MBP is an older one with a platter-based hard drive (2011 or 2012 non-retina), you'll want to replace that with an SSD -- will make the most improvement of all.

Reactions: mikzn

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
The 2011 MBPs had some problems with the graphics cards, if I remember correctly. You will want an SSD for sure. The 2013 MBPs are not user upgradeable, so get the one that fits your needs the best when ordering. I have a late 2013 top of the line rMBP and it does everything I need it to do, including video with FCP X.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
So guys i want to buy macbook pro but my budget is not so high. I want to buy 2011/12/13 macbook pro but i need your help. I need laptop to use it for web design company. Basically i use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator in same time. I need fast loading and not bugging. Can someone help me with hardware. What is most important hardware parts for these apps. Do i need to focus on graphic card and buy i5 with 1gb 1.5gb graphic card or i just need i5, i7 processor with 512mb graphic and ssd? Is graphic card important for speed of apps? Also can you explain importance of ram memory and is 4gb enough or i need 8gb?

What is your budget?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Get a MacBook that can expand memory, ssd and battery in the future, when your budget expands.
I run 8gb ram for CS4 while using iTunes, safari, and other apps- smoothly, and 4gb ram on the MacBook Air, 16 gb ram is a lot for art graphics. Unless that is in your budget.

BigMac?

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Erlangen, Bavaria
I can highly recommend the 2013 model, have a look for 16 GbR am, anythingless will frustrate you.

Set yourself a budget and try to get the best used machine you can get, you want to do some demanding tasks with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.