Help me with my photos.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kirby012, Jul 28, 2011.

1. kirby012 macrumors newbie

Hey guys Im new here and new to photography. I just got the T3 and now have the 70-200m f4. Heres some sample pics and please critique them for me. Tell me what you love and hate about them.

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirby012/

2. Zh2 macrumors member

Hi,

I would love to see them - I get a "bad link" here. Anyone else?

Regards.

Zh

3. YESimBLUNTED macrumors member

Link works fine...

I like your pictures, probably the surfer and the sundown (060) the best. I would try a little (more?) color correcting on them, especially the surfer. Looks good though, good job.

4. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Hate the watermark. Five shots of the same sunset, I'd rather select the one that is best and keep just that. Sort of lack of subject in the two "waves crashing" pictures on the bottom, I'd have tried to get as close as possible to that rock where it showed the large splash and filled the frame.

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Sunset 7-23-045

La Jolla 7-25-074

La Jolla 7-25-065

these are the best IMO

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Hi, and welcome to the party. It's always great to see new people putting photos up for comment.

The surfer shot has good composition and timing, but it looks flat because there isn't a lot of contrast in it. It's a bit on the dark side. The sunset has great potential, but you seem to suffer from "Zoom and Click" syndrome. Number 153 has the best framing and timing, try to do more of this in the viewfinder before you press the shutter. Learn to see the image as you would like to have it in it's final form. Take your time and relax. Wait for it to be just right and then shoot.

There are many talented people here on the forums. Look at the Magnetic North site and blog. It's written by a forum member who preaches patience and composition.

Have fun and show us more of your work.

Dale

7. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Left to right:

1. Great timing, too dark- a little flash on the surfer's face would put this into great territory.

2. Good picture, good composition.

3. Sun is too low.

4. Sun is too low.

5. Sun is too low. Best sky though- this with the sun higher or out of the frame would be killer.

6. Sun is too low and poorly positioned- just over the main building or further left or right would work if it were a bit higher.

7. Mediocre- I see what you were going for, but the dark left hand side of the image is too far contrasted with the bright spray, forcing the eyes to the right- might work better cropped or as a vertical.

8. Too much of the stuff at the bottom which really doesn't have enough detail in it to be interesting. Probably better framed the opposite way with 2/3rds of the image as water.

Paul

8. kirby012 thread starter macrumors newbie