Help me with Pages!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by f1, Nov 25, 2007.

1. f1 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, i just switched over to pages, because MS Office was too sluggish for me on Rosetta and NeoOffice is such a Ram Hog. I have a few questions about iWork. How do I set the default font to Times New Roman, Helvetica is nice, but i've been using Times since i started using a computer so i'd like to stick to that. Also how do i make the bullet style change from a dark "filled" bullet to an "empty" bullet when I press the tab key, like in the screen shot below. Thanks everyone.

Attached Files:

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Inspector/Text/List and the Bullets & Numbering Drop down.

I usually edit the Styles of the template close to what I need, and save that back as my document template.

3. f1 thread starter macrumors 6502

i tried that, but is there a way to configure pages so that everytime i press tab it automatically changes the bullet style, like in Office or NeoOffice?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The changing nested bullet styles ... haven't tried to do that.

5. f1 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

if you open the styles drawer and create a style with the bullet you require, you can assign a shortcut to it so you can quickly switch. Right click (ctrl-click) on the new bullet style and click 'hotkey'. Assign a function number (ie, F1, F2) and use that. Depending on the key you choose you may have to hold the fn key, at least I have to on my macbook. hopefully this is what you need