Help me with putting up My Avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeShoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
North Carolina
I need some help, Ive been trying to put one up but I dont see how to, Ive been in the Area in the User CP, but the little ''Do not use an Avatar'' button is always selected. Please Help.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Yep, please read the MacRumors FAQs before posting common questions like this, you can save yourself a lot of time in the future! As you will read, you need 500 posts before you can have an avatar. We don't give away 'tars to just anyone on this site, they have to be a member who contributes with their comments, insight and knowledge to the site. :cool:

All that being said, welcome to MacRumors!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
We really need to put a stop to threads like this, It seems like twice a week someone asks why can't I make an Avatar. I say whenever someone signs up a big splash screen should pop up saying "No Avatars Till 500 Posts."

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MacNut said:
We really need to put a stop to threads like this, It seems like twice a week someone asks why can't I make an Avatar. I say whenever someone signs up a big splash screen should pop up saying "No Avatars Till 500 Posts."
Yep, that's what the site FAQs are for, but as with everything else in life, not everyone likes to read the instruction manuals first... ;)

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
How about directing newbies to the FAQs as part of the signup process? Then before they can post, they must pass a quiz on those FAQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.