Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
I just wrote this to Apple's feedback page located at apple.com/feedback. If you are interested in buying a Macbook Pro, but wish to see more noticeable features, please read my request and send them a similar one!!!

Hello. Like many of your customers, I am faced with the decision between Macbook and Macbook Pro. Since there is quite a significant difference in price between the two models, I feel as if there should be a more significant difference in features and performance between the two. One thing that would make me want to buy a Macbook Pro is if you included a Firewire 800 port because I am a pro user and I do need fast connectivity to my external drive. I think it would also be amazing if you could include Wireless-N connectivity. As APple has always been the pioneer of new technology, you should follow this trend in innovative new technologies.

Okay, this next idea/request is really far fetched, but it would be amazing if you could incorporate this into your next generation of the Macbook (Pro) line.

The Apple logo on the back of the display has been a trademark of the Apple portable for many years. I think it would be very catchy if we could change this luminescent light powered by the backlight into an LCD display still shaped like the Apple logo. This display would allow for your own custom choosing for the color of the Apple logo and it could also feature as a mini display to provide information for commonly accessed things such as the time, how many unread emails you have, your next iCal appt and other useful information that you might need without turning your computer fully on! I have spoken to many people about this idea, and they say it would be one of the greatest innovations since sliced bread!

Please email me back as I have uncountable ideas such as these that I would be glad to share with my good friend Steve!

I will be eager for your reply. Please do not send me one of your automatic canned response legal documents stating you cannot accept new ideas. (Thats what happened when I suggested a black iBook...)

Regards,
Andrew K

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Check your mailbox for a letter from Apple's lawyers asking you to cease and desist from sending them unsolicited ideas. ;)

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
I dont mean that in a rude way, but in a matter of fact way. Apple has trouble responding when people have real questions they need answered.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Changing the Apple into a small LCD? Hmm, not sure if that would really be useful, but more importantly that would increase the thickness of the computer.

Not a bad idea, but not totally cost efficient.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
celebrian23 said:
I dont mean that in a rude way, but in a matter of fact way. Apple has trouble responding when people have real questions they need answered.

Huh? The display suggestions is a real question to be answered? Who would be willing to pay for such a totally useless feature?

chris y.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
los angeles, ca
The LCD in the apple logo is definitley a possibility in the future, especially with the hybrid flash hard drives coming out that will allow you to check things without having to physically open the laptop and eat up battery life.

I believe I saw this on a laptop made by another company already though. Not sure, but anyways it'd be a great lil extra for people that need to keep in contact constantly

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
pianodude123 said:
I just wrote this to Apple's feedback page located at apple.com/feedback. If you are interested in buying a Macbook Pro, but wish to see more noticeable features, please read my request and send them a similar one!!!

<snip>
Doubt Apple will go for the logo idea. It would interfere with their simplicity concept. But ya never know.

If Apple is even remotely interested, they will send papers for you to sign your life away. This is to prevent any possible follow on litigation.

BTW, back in HS, I submitted some ideas to a couple of companies. Both had me sign my life away. And since I was a minor, my folks had to sign as well.

One company actually used my ideas -- well maybe. My scale drawings were extremely close to the finished product. However, I received nothing from the company confirming they used my ideas nor any compensation. At the time I was more interested in being able to purchase the end product which I was able to do a few years later.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
The LCD Apple thing is something that would be in a MacBook.
It's a gimmick, not something a pro user would use. Since the 'pro's' image is suppose to be ... pro I can't see the whole LCD thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.