Help me with watch choice please?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Veridis, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Veridis macrumors newbie

Veridis

The series 3 watches came out and piqued my interest in a smartwatch again. Never owned a smartwatch before. I guess the only way to know if I like having one is to jump in with 2 feet!

I'm thinking of getting the Nike versions for the holely straps as they look more breathable during exercise.

Space gray is cool but the silver one looks more classic like a dress watch.
    For office and formal events I'm thinking the silver would go well with a leather strap.

Went to the local apple store and tried some watches and took photos.

42mm vs 38mm. I like the screen on the 42mm but my wrist is only 150mm and I hate oversized watches so 38mm is the logical choice.
    [​IMG]

This time the Space gray version on different hands:
    [​IMG]

For my country only these 2 options are avaiable for Series 3 Nike. I like the black strap with a silver watch but unfortunately there isn't that option!

I'm thinking of going with the 38mm Aluminium Nike.
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? :)

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

I would get the 38MM Silver watch with the white nike band, I like how the white outside contrasts with the black inside. You can always buy the black nike band separate.

3. KarinvdB macrumors member

KarinvdB

I would agree the 38mm looks better for you. And I do think the silver is nicer looking too. I’m heading out today to get my first AW too, S3 non LTE, most likely silver 38mm. I’ve been going back and forth on the colors so I’ll wait to see them in person on my own wrist before making the final choice.

4. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would also say the 38 mm aluminum. And with the silver, if you want to pair more bands, you will have a much wider selection, as it's easier to pair with.

6. wesselya macrumors member

I also have very small writs. But did you try it on with a Small band? I wore a 42mm for the longest time with the large wrist band in the second smallest setting. Then I switched to the S band and it was on the second largest setting and it was perfect. I did wear my wife’s watch a couple of times because I sold mine and am waiting for cellular version. It’s compact and cool but I can’t wrap my head around a guy wearing a 38mm.

7. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

I love the 38mm on my 15cm wrist too.

Attached Files:

8. Veridis thread starter macrumors newbie

Veridis

It's easier to imagine when my measurements are basically of a small sized female. I'm only 5'3" 115lbs. Small even for asian guys :(

I really wanted the 42mm to work out bigger battery, more pixels. I spent more time looking at it with different straps than the 38mm.