HELP! Medium write error/error code 0x8002006E

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nrobinson, Jul 5, 2012.

1. nrobinson macrumors newbie

Jul 5, 2012
    Hi there,

Im sure you have heard this a thousand times, but I am having real difficulty with burning CDs. I am a skydive photographer, and have to burn DVDs and CDs on a fairly quick turnaround to be able to make a living, and until today I have not had a problem.

I can render a video with iMovie '11 and export to iDVD and burn the DVD without any problems, the discs will play on PCs, Macs and DVD players. But when I come to burn the data CD with the photos, from a burn folder on the desktop, I get (error code 0x8002006E) and it ruins the CD. I have gone through too many CDs now, and have a half finished job on my hands.

I have tried turning it off and on again (why not eh?!), I have tried using different brand discs, I have tried deleting the file, I have tried resetting the other thing that I cant remember the name of, and Apple have been absolutely ZERO help.

What do I do? :(
  2. blueroom macrumors 603

Feb 15, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Superdrives are not the most reliable thing in Apple's Macs. I've replaced one and have another dead out of warranty one. Apple will fix it if under warranty but a replacement is very expensive. An external USB DVD burner will work too.