help meeee. STUPID itunes 10 update broke my ipod :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ElizabethRose, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ElizabethRose macrumors newbie

Ok, so.. I updated to Itunes 10 two days ago so that I could upgrade my itouch. I successfully updated itunes and went on to upgrade my ipod. It went through the whole process as usual but when everything was finished I took my ipod off the USB cord the symbol came on the screen saying I needed to connect it to Itunes.. so I did. Then it came up with the error 1604. I found a video on youtube showing how to fix it so I tried that and it didn't work. Then I tried uninstalling itunes and reinstalling it. That didn't help either. Now what happens is my ipod tells me to plug it into itunes and when I do it says its in recovery mode and whatnot. When I click the restore button, Itunes says it will restore and update my ipod. When I click that, it starts downloading the upgrade and then the window pops back up that says something like "itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode, blah blah blah.." and the whole process starts again. Wtf. My ipod was working just fine before I updated itunes... PLEASE help me. I don't have $100 to spend on a new ipod right now..:(

2. Adisah macrumors regular

Try restarting your computer and then try restoring once more.

If that doesn't work call apple.

U.S. iPod, Mac and iPad technical support:
    (800) APL-CARE (800-275-2273)

They will help you out.

3. ElizabethRose thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. i called apple earlier and was on hold for about 20 minutes (nice way to eat up my minutes..) only to have the girl tell me there is not much she can do unless she see's it or i can get a new one for $100.

i just have a hard time believing its my ipod and not my computer (itunes) seeing as, like i said, it was working just fine before i updated itunes.