HELP MEEEEE!!!!! BOOT CAMP - No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BambooBob, Mar 3, 2018.

1. BambooBob macrumors newbie

BambooBob

So basically i made the mistake of shutting down my computer while shrink my mac's partition, after this the windows startup disk dissappeared. I was able to make one from the partition, since the windows partition itself wasnt actually deleted. However, now when i launch windows i get the error No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.
    However i deleted the boot disk from my flash drive. Any ways i might be able to fix this?

2. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

Yeah, start over. Next time use the proper software to reduce or expand the Boot Camp partition non-destructively.
    Paragon Software CampTune.

3. BambooBob thread starter macrumors newbie

BambooBob

I didnt touch boot camp's partition, I touched i changed macontosh's using disk utility, but i shut down the computer while that was happening.

4. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

Same thing as that killed the Windows boot sector. Shutting down in the middle of a partition operation can lead to disaster. Like I said above Paragon CampTune would have done the job (shrink the Mac partition) for you without destroying the Windows boot sector. You probably need to reinstall Windows to get it working again.