HELP: Message Notification Doesn't Show "Reply" and sends as text

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shayanhooshmand, May 8, 2015.

1. shayanhooshmand, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

shayanhooshmand macrumors member

Sometimes, when I get a message notification on my Watch, there is only a "Dismiss" option and no "Reply." Then, when I go to the actual messages app to respond, it sends the message to this person as a text message and not an iMessage, even though I can send iMessage to them through my phone. What's the problem?

2. shayanhooshmand thread starter macrumors member

3. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Very weird, I haven't heard of this so I can't tell you exactly how to fix it

If that happened to me, I would unpair apple watch, sign out of iCloud on your phone, then sign in and set up messages again. Make sure you're sending and receiving from your phone number. Then I would do a hard reset on apple watch and pair again

Let us know what happens

4. shayanhooshmand thread starter macrumors member

Attempted this. Seems to be going well, but I'll check again tomorrow morning when I'm back at the same location I was when this issue was occurring. It could maybe have to do with the Wi-Fi network of the place.

5. kitt9000 macrumors member

I had a problem also w the reply option consistently showing up. Then realized that I was running iOS 8.4 beta which was causing the problem. I reinstalled 8.3 using iTunes and since then the reply option has been there as it should. Also all watch functions more reliable.

6. shayanhooshmand thread starter macrumors member

I'm still on 8.3 though! Makes sense about the beta.

7. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Sometimes iPhone connects to a wifi that doesn't have Internet (or you have to constantly log in) and so that would explain interruption to Siri and sending iMessages.

When you go back to the location, if you have the same problem, open safari on your phone and try to load a few web pages to test the wifi you're on

8. ChemistCody macrumors newbie

This happened to me right after I got the Watch.
    Un-pairing then re-pairing the watch worked for me.