Help messages now going to iPhone first then watch.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Chaztrip, May 7, 2015.

1. Chaztrip macrumors member

So I've had my watch since day one and have not had any issues with it whenever my phone was in my pocket I would get messages on my watch first no problems. Now for some reason whenever I get a message it goes to my phone first then 13 to 15 seconds later it shows up on my watch. Have done both hard resets on both the watch and phone to no avail. I have talked with Apple support gentleman seem knowledgeable but was at a loss for why this was happening we didreset again same issue repeatable behavior. Now he would like to call me back and set up a profile on my phone to do logging not sure if anybody else is had this issue and if they've resolved it.

Thanks
    Chaz

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502

There's another thread where several people said notifications were delayed about that amount of time on the Watch. I don't recall which thread though. :confused:

(And no fixes yet)

3. Chaztrip thread starter macrumors member

I searched and searched and couldn't find it if someone has a link to a great feel free to delete this one sorry

4. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

I had exactly the same problem after about 5 days of normal behaviour - just suddenly went weird one day. I fixed it by doing an unpair/restore of the phone.

It also seemed to coincide with exchange calendar appointments not syncing so I did wonder if perhaps it was symptomatic of a wider connection problem occurring between the watch and the phone.

One other thing to try before doing a wipe/restore is to reset sync data from settings/general/reset.

5. Chaztrip thread starter macrumors member

Bingo!!!!!!!! That's it!!! I installed a new app called up next yesterday and it is supposed to sync all reminders. As soon as I deleted it BAM. It's working again. I'm going to reach out to that dev and let him know. Thanks Pink!!