Help! Messenger for Mac will not connect!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Airplanepics, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Airplanepics macrumors member

Hi all,

First time post here, go easy! ;)

Last night, I got signed out of MSN messenger for Mac, ever since I've not been able to log back in!

I get the error message "The service might not be available or you might not be connected to the internet".

I'm connected to the internet, so I'm unsure what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas?

Simon.

2. meatologist macrumors newbie

Cannot connect to Live Messenger for MAC

Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem, except I've never been able to connect!

Got my macbook pro a couple of weeks ago and have been going round in circles trying to connect to messenger.

i found something that said delete the preferences file from the library and it will work, but I don't have a preference file for Messenger, well - not in the location that it said anyways.

it's annoying.

I've tried all versions of messenger and nothing works.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    meatologist

3. Billabong81 macrumors newbie

I got the same problem. I can connect via web messenger and adium when using the http connection method, but can't connect using Mac Messenger or aMSN. Immediately get the same error as you guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I tried turning my router to DMZ mode and even that didn't work, I'm absolutely lost on what else it could be.

EDIT: Maybe be relevant to add it was working last night, booted up today and wasn't working. No changes to the computer have been made.