HELP!!!! Microsoft Mac Outlook 2011 Continuous Crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mauisurfer, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Mauisurfer macrumors newbie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hey Everyone,

I really need some advise and assistance. I just returned from a business trip and opened up my Outlook 2011. I had a couple of hundred new emails. I went to reply to my first email and I received the following error- "There is a problem with the Office database. To use the database, you must rebuild it using the Database Utility."

I rebuilt my data base, using the Database Utility, rebooted, tried to reply to a different message and the exact same thing happened. This happens when I try to compose, reply, or forward emails. Have tried to repair via Database Utility around 6 times. No luck.

Please note that I am not on Exchange.

Any help or advise anyone may have would be greatly appreciated. I'm dead in the water and very concerned.

Thank you!!!!
  2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2011
    You mentioned you don't have Exchange but you didn't mention if you have POP and/or IMAP.

1) Rebuilding does not always fix issues.
    2) Rebuilding takes a lot of free space.

If rebuilding fails, your best option is to export your data as .olm file and import into a new Identity.

If you have only IMAP, just download from server again. Export other items like contacts, events etc as .olm under File > Export.

For other options to rebuilding see:

Troubleshoot Outlook (how to rebuild and repair)