Help: Microsoft Office 2011 .dmg File Name

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LePigeonBleu, May 21, 2012.

1. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Hey!

To make a long story short, I had to reinstall Lion on my MBP and backed up the files in a stupid way- copying and pasting the old files to the new install of Lion. During that process, I found I had Microsoft Office 2011 installed improperly.

I downloaded it from Microsoft's Digital Store for students, but no longer have access to the email address I registered it with, nor do I even remember the email address period.

My question:

If you downloaded it like me, can you tell me the name of the .dmg file that Microsoft gave its Office 2011 Student Edition please?

Thanks!

m

2. simsaladimbamba

What if you search your Mac for .dmg files via Finder > CMD+F > ".dmg" > file name?

3. LePigeonBleu thread starter macrumors 6502

The simplest of things to do and I forgot to do it....

I tried it, and nothing comes up related of Office. I think I'm screwed by Microsoft to have to repurchase it... partly because of me losing the damn file.

Thank you!

m

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

During your searching, are you looking in a specific folder, or "On My Mac"?

5. LePigeonBleu thread starter macrumors 6502

"On My Mac"

Sadly, I also checked my other Mac, and realized I never installed in on there, of course, so I can't get it back :(

m

6. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

If you got the Academic version and not the Home & Student version you cannot install it a second time for any reason. H&S does not contain Outlook. Academic does.