Help! Mini DVD stuck!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AKP7, May 14, 2010.

1. AKP7 macrumors newbie

I'm VERY new to Mac and didn't realize or think that the mini dvd could not be inserted into the mac pro. Now it's in there and I'm freaking out. Can I get this out without causing damage? The DVD is the only videos we have from our Disney vacation last year.

Sorry for the panic in the post, but I've had an extremely crappy week and it just got worse!

Have mercy!

2. txnoob macrumors 6502

Are you saying you have a DVD that you burned on your Mac Mini and put it in a Mac Pro, and now it won't eject using the normal eject button, or drag the DVD icon on your desktop to trash?

If that't the case, I doubt it has anything to do with the DVD. DVDs are uniform and will fit any any computer PC or MAC. It sounds like the drive you inserted into may be damaged?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Force Eject a Stuck CD or DVD

A Mac Pro has a tray loading mechanism, which accepts mini DVDs (8.5cm), but if you meant another Mac with a slot loading drive, then know, those are only meant to be used with normal size CDs and DVDs (12cm).

4. AKP7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ouch!

As I mentioned, I'm a newbie to mac---so if by "slot loading drive" you mean that there is a little slit on the side of the laptop that usually takes the dvd in automatically, then yes, that's what I have. There is no tray. I guess I'll have to take it in tomorrow and beg the techs to try and get it out of there in the morning. Thanks for the prompt responses. I really appreciation it

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Take it into an apple store and they will remove it for you. Or google is definatly an option.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes, a slot loading optical drive has a slot (slit) on the side or at the front if you use one of the older PowerBook / MacBook Pro models. So you don't have a Mac Pro, but a MacBook Pro I presume. Has the link I gave earlier brought any help?

Have a look at these threads, as they might help you with your issue.
    http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=

Mac Pro

[​IMG]

MacBook Pro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DVD vs mini DVD

[​IMG]

7. txnoob macrumors 6502

Is this one of those small DVDs from a Camcorder?

8. AKP7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes

9. AKP7 thread starter macrumors newbie

The laptop on the bottom is what mine looks like. Thanks for the link--I'll try that now.

10. AKP7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You Thank You!!!

So I clicked on the google link that you gave me---I scrolled down and someone actually suggested that you turn it on it's side and shake it! Um-it worked!!! Thank you all soooooo much!

11. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Good to hear.

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Take it into an apple store and they will remove it for you. Or google is definatly an option.

13. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Sometimes the forum software has hiccups?

The DVD is out btw.