Help, Mint Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case for a Male?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Pravda, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I believe i narrowed it down to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case in mint color.
    ( http://www.spigen.com/iphone-6-case-ultra-hybrid-4-7.html )

Only issue is I'm colorblind and my wife is getting worried and might start drafting divorce papers because I'm digging the Mint color....

I have the iPhone 6 Plus in silver on order and don't like any other color combinations besides mint.

Anyone else think the mint is reserved more for females?
    Should i just go for the Neo Hybrid Ex Metal in white then?
    ( http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/...-6-plus/iphone-6-plus-case-neo-hybrid-ex.html)

I don't really care what other think, and i'm pretty confident with my masculinity, but due to my colorblindness, i'm a bit handicapped here and need your opinions.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Assigning colors to a gender, to me, is no longer applicable to modern society. If you dig it, get it! :cool:

3. walkaway macrumors newbie

I do agree with you, and to answer his question, I'd not even consider mint feminine. It's more of a "fresh" color.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure one guy in my lecture has this exact case and color. It's bright (why I noticed it) but I see nothing wrong about that.

5. Femme macrumors regular

White and mint is a damn good combination, whether you have a penis or a vagina.

6. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

This is like the "Does buying a white iPhone make me girly?" topics all over again.

Buy whatever case you like, who cares? It's all about what YOU like. I personally think the Mint on White makes the phone "pop" more. Looks good

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is sad that in the year 2014, people are still somehow afraid to just buy what they like without having to take pause and wonder how they will be perceived. OP: You gotta do you man and stop worrying about whether or not someone will see you in a way that you clearly do not want to be seen. You say you're not but your entire post suggests otherwise. You clearly like the color and it is just an iPhone case, so file that noise under "who cares" and buy what you like.

PS: I like the mint. Not for me, but I like it. My vagina apparently suggests I should want a mint colored case, but I don't.

8. didiee, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

didiee macrumors 6502

it's very pastel to me, but i like all pastel colors.
    I have a bright red case for neo hybrid. dont think i will ever misplace it.

9. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I know I'm old fashioned because I consider most shades of pink to be for the feminine. I said most because I've seen shirts and others but in still not for it myself. To each his own

10. rGiskard, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

rGiskard macrumors 68000

rGiskard

If you like the color then that's enough imo. I see guys rocking all sorts of different colored cases. It's all good :)

As to your wife, if she begins to question your masculinity, you know what to do. ;)

11. kissnoob macrumors member

Go for it.

I am a guy. On air cushion, I don't see any girlishness of the mint. I actually dig it too. At the end, I chose the clear because it is cheaper and I like it as same as the mint.

If they sale the mint same price as the clear I would get the mint.

12. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

the ultra hybrid looks exactly like the Griffin Reveal 6... I picked up one at my local MicroCenter (Verizon stores also have them) for $19.

13. matrix808 macrumors regular

not my cup of tea, but if you like it to each their own

14. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Well, to be fair, pretty much all cases with clear backs and TPU sides look alike. But in my experiences with the Griffin Reveal, it scratches if you so much as look at it wrong

15. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

I used the same Reveal case on my 5 and 5s ... yes the back of the Reveal case had scratches on it, but it was all hairline scratches. Cases are suppose to get marked up, even the over priced Apple leather case will show wear and tear on the edges after a few months. For $19 I think its a good value. Which brand does not scratch?

16. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Nah, its not like that at all.
    I have been sporting a white iPhone since iPhone 4.

Because i'm colorblind, i have bit of an issue really seeing and distinguishing some colors, that mint color being one of them.
    Thats why i posted the question. I just wanted to gauge what members without the colorblind issue thought of the mint color case.

All good

17. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I haven't come across a clear case yet that doesn't scratch at all, but i just personally found the Griffin picked up scratches really easily and ruined the look of the case really quick.

I've had the Ringke Fusion on my 6 for 2 weeks now, and it's yet to pick up any scratches. I think the 4 raised edges help with that however.

18. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Thanks for your response. I always do me. But once in a while, i'd like to see what "not me" thinks.

----------

Now thats what i'm talking about!

19. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

[​IMG]

My wife thinks this looks great, if the iPhone were a tampon that is.

BJ

20. ihonda macrumors 68000

Wrong. The spigen has raised bumps on the back so that you don't destory the clear back.

The spigen also feels better

21. Manny72 macrumors member

IMO the Metal Slate would look better, but it's your Phone. So tell your Wife if she doesn't like the Mint then she should buy you a Case!!! LOL

22. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I've had the black one on my plus since I got the phone at launch. Excellent case and not a scratch on the back.

23. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Your "wife" puts her tampons in cases?

24. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

I don't know much about color blindness, what color do you see when you look at the mint? Or do you see a color at all?