Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomas223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Hi,

I switched my iMac on today and noticed that there is an annoying lag in the mission control animation. it started today. I didn't install any new apps. Only thing i did differently was to use AutoCAD for the first time the previous time the machine was on (3days ago). These are the symptoms:

- Mission control animation still takes as long as it used to but only the background wallpaper animates. The desktop icons and open windows don't animate, they jump from desktop view to mission control view.

- Sliding left or right between desktops is very choppy. It's as if the frame rate of the animation is much lower than it used to be.

This happened to me once before and I had to reinstall the OS. BTW, I'm using Lion. I really don't feel like reinstalling everything. I just repaired disk permissions and it mentioned something about Display.menu and Arrange.monitorPanel.

Do you perhaps have any advice?

Thanks

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
Is your system up to date? I had the same problem, although I can't remember if it was on Lion or when I switched to Mountain Lion. The problem just went away - I can only attribute the unexplained alleviation to OS X updates, because I did nothing.

thomas223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Yes, my machine is up to date.

I found this video on youtube. This is what my machine also does but the guy doesn't give a solution. Only says that an apple store employee moved some system and user files around:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=d_2JjMvj4lA&page=1

----------

I just realized that I should have probably posted this in the Mac OSX section instead of the iMac section. I just added a new post to the OSX section. Is it possible to delete this thread?

thomas223

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
I just ran xbench and it fixed the problem!!!!

why would xbench fix the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.