iPhone Help Mobile Substrate isn't working!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by guitarmandp, Mar 20, 2014.

1. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

I just bought a new iPhone 5S, it's on iOS 7.04; I just jailbroke it and none of the tweaks I download work or show up in the settings. I read in several places that the solution to this problem is to reinstall Cydia Substrate and Subtrate Safe Mode. I have reinstalled and uninstalled both dozens of times and have had no luck. I have previously jailbroken in the past iPhones on iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.1.2 and have never had a problem. When I open Activator I guess this message.

[​IMG]

Does anybody have any idea what to do? The only solution I have found is to reinstall Cydia Substrate and Safe mode which has done absolutely zero to fix my problem. I'm thinking about returning my phone.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you do a hard reboot to see if the phone is in SafeMode ? Have you installed any Cydia hacks after the initial jailbreak ? If so, have you tried removing them ?

3. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

I've done several hard reboots. I installed Barrel and Activator and neither of these worked. Then I installed BiteSMS and it just crashes whenever I try to open it. This is very frustrating.

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Poster has a 5S so they use Cydia Substrate and their initial post indicates they have done this several times

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I somehow missed that they did it already, and cydia substrate is mobile substrate :D;)

7. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Perhaps try to force remove Cydia and try the jailbreak again? Make sure all apps are closed and that you've turned off your passcode/security before attempting again.

8. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Which version of evasi0n did you use?

Also, have you tried using iCleaner Pro?

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I would recommend against this if you wish to remain jailbroken.

10. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

As long as you don't update to 7.1, force removing Cydia will just unjailbreak the device. Thus allowing the OP to attempt it again.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Re-installing Cydia again by attempting to re-jailbreak usually has less than desirable effects (if it will even complete).

12. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I had to do it once myself due to an OTA messing with it. I just don't see any other option besides that or wiping the phone without updating...