Help! Monolingual betrayed me!

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I just ran Monolingual to remove PowerPC architectures from my Universal Binaries. Guess what? Now I can't open ANY of my PowerPC only apps. Whould I be able to copy the binaries onto another computer? What could have caused this? Should I report this as a bug?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It does say in their FAQ that you shouldn't strip the System frameworks if you want Rosetta to remain functional. However, I don't think the folks at Monolingual have done enough to prevent what happened to you from happening. There have been numerous people here at MR who have done the same thing.

I think the only fix is to Archive and Install OS X.

Apple2Mac

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
Your going to have to reinstall any affected apps, you can if you have a second computer simply copy the apps over...

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
That's just great! I have to do some web work for a client, and I need GoLive CS2! I'm pretty pissed now. Oh well, thanks for the help. I'm gonna try running the combo update, it's worth a shot.

Edit: Just tried it. No go. I guess I'll have to figure something out.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I reinstalled the system. Now it will only open certain PPC apps, and I had to update to use Safari.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Hello, I don't normally need help this urgently but I do now. I can't run Microsoft Office, and several other PPC apps, but I can run some other PPC apps and I can also open a few UB apps in Rosetta mode.