Help - Motion Blur/Frame Blending

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by diamond3, Oct 19, 2010.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I am trying to get the effect of a person waving on video, but it leaves behind a trail a movement connecting the two most lateral points of the wave. The video I'm working on, there are a bunch of hands grabbing for a piece of paper and I'm trying to make it look more hectic. So I thought adding a motion blur to it would help.

I've been searching online and trying the different filters and can't seem to get the desired effect. I can't imagine it being too difficult, I could just use some help pointing me in the right direction at the very least. Thanks

2. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

3. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol - Final Cut Pro and/or motion. Whichever can do the trick easiest.

4. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody else have any suggestions? The video shows a view looking down at a bunch of hands grabbing cards. I want the arm movement to come across blurred or to put it better, to leave a trail of their movement.

5. bimmzy macrumors regular

bimmzy

Try copying the original layer and stacking the media over the top off-set my a couple of frames, then change the opacity of the layers above so you can see through the stack! add motion blur to all the layers!

This should get you a little closer to where you might want to go! ;)

6. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That sounds like a quick and easy way to do it. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try a little later. Thanks

7. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I'm confused because this sounds like what you're going after in the first place, the motion blur.

If you want more there is a plugin called twixtor which will do it but it may cost. Maybe there is a trial.

8. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

Hi,

Your question is not totally clear to me, but from what I understand you could try in Motion to set the motion blur parameter.

You can find it in project properties->render settings

Increase the number of samples and experiment with the shutter angle from 360 to 720.

Probably you have to render a ram preview to see the effect, I don't think it is realtime.