Help moving Bootcamp & Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by u26055, Dec 8, 2012.

1. u26055 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it. I'm fairly new IOS, here's my deal, I got an iMac with SSD & 1TB HD about a year ago when I switch from windows. I installed bootcamp & parallels and that has been working great. But I've run out of room on my Bootcamp partition. I have an SSD from my old PC that I though I would use, but haven't in a year, so I'm putting it in an enclosure with Firewire. I got Winclone & cloned my bootcamp partition & restored it on the new drive & Windows 7 starts & works fine, but it doesn't see the additional space of the drive, what did I miss?

Also, I how do I get parallels to see this new drive?

Thanks for any advice!

2. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

Hi, i think you'll have to use the disk utility in windows and expand the drive. Left click on my computer, click manage. In that tool chose the disk utility, choose the drive and expand.

In regards to Paralells, i dont know, but If it works like VM Fusion, I think you'll have to create a new vm and point to the new drive?

3. u26055, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

u26055 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I couldn't expand it, I think the problem might be that I have 2 disc's named Bootcamp. I tried to rename the external drive to Windows, but I can't with out deleting it, which I tried, but it changed the name of the drive back to Bootcamp. Am I going about this wrong? :confused:I want to move my bootcamp partition to the external drive & use all 128GB for Windows 7.