Help....moving GoPhone account from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by qdllc, Oct 30, 2011.

1. qdllc macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS (4.3.3 - 8J2 ... max iOS version that was jailbreak compatible). It's jailbroken and running a GoPhone SIM card on a $2/day plan...no data.

I recently got the chance to pick up another guy's used iPhone 4. :D

Question: How do I move my GoPhone account from the 3GS to the 4?

My research indicates that all I should need to do is use a sim cutter to reduce the SIM card's size, insert and enjoy. After all, when I got AT&T to move the data from the GoPhone SIM onto a standard AT&T SIM, all I had to do was insert the SIM and turn on the phone.

However, I was required to jailbreak the 3GS to make a GoPhone account work, I don't know it it is required on the iPhone 4. Nobody is indicating that it needs to be done, but nobody explains why the difference.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think u just cut the sim to microsim size and you're good.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

4. qdllc, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

qdllc thread starter macrumors newbie

As my 3GS is jailbroken and I have a few apps from Cydia. How does this impact moving stuff to a 4?

Do I need to jailbreak the 4? I'd think so to reinstall my Cydia Apps.

I doubt the latest iOS is jailbroken yet. That should mean I need to install an older iOS that IS jailbreakable, correct? As I understand it, I'd have to revert the iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3.3 (if newer) because it's the last iOS that can jailbreak untethered at this point.

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I have never heard of anyone needing to JB their phone to use a go phone sim. I used go phone on a 3GS for many months while waiting on an unlock to be able to use T-Mobile. Just plugged the SIM in and that was it.

6. qdllc thread starter macrumors newbie

I just followed the instructions laid on the web pages detailing how to turn an iPhone into a pre-paid iPhone. Jailbreaking was indicated as a needed step.